THE ANSAP NURSE MANAGER’S CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
With today's demands of Health Care Facilities to achieve excellent quality care for patients and clienteles safety, accreditation has become a buzz word. Together with the organizations uplifting their services, certification of Health Care Worker has also been demanded
The DOH started the Nurse Certification Program to ensure excellent performance of nurses in a particular area of specialty. ANSAP, taking the lead role of nursing service excellence has taken the initiative to develop a program aligned with the DOH - NCP, but focused on leadership and management. This has since become the main objective of ANSAP’s Breakthrough 1 under the Philippine Governance System.
The NMCP encompasses three (3) Competency Areas -technical skills, critical thinking skills and Interpersonal skills, under the elements of the management processes of planning, organizing directing and controlling, including research. All of these competencies must be observed in a nurse manager across any health care setting.
There are three (3) categories identified in this program.
Level 3 - Head Nurse/ Charge Nurse
Level 4 - Supervisors / Department Managers
Level 5 - Assistant Chief Nurses/ Chief Nursing Officers
1. Download the files below.
Application Form Self Assessment Tool for Level 3 Nurse Managers Rubrics for Level 3 Self Assessment Tool for Level 4 Nurse Managers Rubrics for Level 4 Self Assessment Tool for Level 5 Nurse Managers Rubrics for Level 5
2. The applicant shall fill up the Self Assessment Tool (SAT) in her category of choice. The SAT must be reviewed and completed. It should be agreed upon by her immediate supervisor who will affix her signature.
3. Complete the application form
4. Prepare corresponding documents attesting to the competencies identified per level.
*Examples of documents
- Strategic and operational plans
- Research paper - assisted, participated or conducted
- Proof of QI programs
- Memo issued
- Membership in committees
- Performance Evaluation
- Issues / concerns of nursing service addressed
5. Submit and pay the required fees to ANSAP - NMCP coordinator who will hand it to the Auditor for initial assessment. Final assessment will be done by the 2nd Auditor.
6. lf there are competencies which need enhancement, a learning intervention will be recommended. Otherwise, if the assessment is satisfactory, the applicant is for recommended for certification.
7. A Certificate of Competence as a Nurse Manager is issued.
For more inquires please contact ANSAP (02)366-1640 Loc. 11