I. Policy Guidelines
A Nurse Administrator and/or a Registered Nurse who is interested and willing to participate in an evidence-based research endeavour to improve nursing practice. Initiative to participate can also be coming from the different ANSAP Chapters who all expressed their active participation to the program.
Staff Nurse is a registered nurse, who is currently practicing in the clinical practice.
Nurse Manager is a registered nurse assuming the positions of Charge Nurse, Head Nurse, Supervisor and Training Officer, who are currently working in any Health Care Facility.
Chief Nursing Officeris a registered nurse assuming the top level position in the Nursing Service.
1. Proposed letter indicating the proposed title.
2. Attached with the letter, is the proposal or protocol of the study to be conducted.
3. Gantt Chart for the projected completion of the project.
4. Budget proposal
5. For best practices to be subjected for expert validation, same letter of intent shall be submitted.
6. Submission of all studies to ethics review board for approval
7. Final manuscript to be recommended by the Chair of Breakthrough 2, and to be approved by the ANSAP.
8. Recommendation to the Chair on Accreditation for the information of all the Chapter Presidents for the implementation.
Conduction fees for national study shall be covered by the ANSAP National, while ChapterProjects shall be shouldered by the Chapter involved.
Associate Researcher(s) of ANSAP shall be paid separately on top of the cost of the project for studies initiated by the ANSAP National.
E. Rights, Duties, and Privileges
Researchers shall observe standards of Ethics before the conduction of the study, and observe Informed Consenting Process prior to the start of every study.
Proponent(s) deserve the right to be acknowledged as research contributor(s), but shall be open in giving ANSAP and its members full right to read and utilize output that will be created.
Chair, Research Committee
1. Receives Evidence-based Researcher proposal/ Best Practice Procedure Model or Guideline from either Chair on the Committee on Standards, or Chapter Members.
2. Facilitate initial review and approval with the ANSAP Research Committee, giving emphasis to the following parameters:
2.1 Practical value of the project
2.2 Ethical consideration
Note: Project shall undergo peer review before approval
2.3 Experience, Training, and Professional Qualifications of the Proponents
2.4 Time frame
2.5 Cost and benefits
3. Once approved, the committee shall make recommendation to the ANSAP President for the final perusal.
4. After the approval of the President, the committee shall communicate it to the parties concerned signifying the go signal to start the conduction and or review of the proposed project.
5. The committee shall require the following:
5.1 Gantt Chart of the Project
5.2 Budget Proposal (for study to be done by the National Chapter)
5.3 Write-up of the Research Proposal or Protocol, or Best Practice Procedure,
Guideline, or Model for Expert validation.
6. Officially start the conduction utilizing EBP models like IMRAD, IOWA, PICOT, or the Traditional Research Methodology.
7. After completion of the project, the Proponent shall inform the ANSAP Research Chair, and submit the accomplished project for review and initial approval before recommending the project to the ANSAP President for the final approval.
Note: If project is disapproved for some reasons, the Committee shall communicate it to the Proponents of the project giving the details of the findings for revisions.
8. The approved project of the President shall be communicated to the Chair on Accreditation for implementation, who shall cascade to the different ANSAP chapters for execution.
Note: However, there are instances that outputs like clinical protocols, guidelines, procedures etc are incorporated in the existing ANSAP standards (such in the case of the Taping Techniques which were included in the edition of the IV Therapy Standards). In order to monitor compliance of the Chapter Members, Accreditation Committee visits hospital affiliates’ Nursing Services if standards introduced are implemented accordingly.